Monday, December 15

When pencils don't draw, but function as stilts

Let me introduce to you: Julie Morstad. She makes slightly disturbing and odd, but wonderful illustrations. They make me feel nostalgic sometimes.








Photos from Ateliergallery

I really like the last one, I think because it looks a bit like this photo. It's the tall Natalia Vodianova, as Alice in Wonderland, in a doll house. Sometimes I feel exactly like her expression.

Photo from Style

Julie also created the cover for the album "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood" from country singer/songwriter Neko Case. And she made the illustrations for her video "Maybe Sparrow". I really like the combination of real and drawn scenes.


So, the first days of December are the greatest. It's getting colder and darker, the Christmas-tree waits to be decorated, everybody is very busy with the preparation for the holidays and I can't wait.

No comments: